LOL: Even 52% of Democrats don’t believe ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ will actually reduce inflation, poll finds

The American people are seeing through the deceptive rhetoric.

Some political posturing is so absurd even hardcore partisans can see through it. Such is the case with the so-called “Inflation Reduction Act” President Biden signed into law Tuesday afternoon. New polling reveals that even a majority of Democratic voters admit it won’t do anything to reduce inflation. 

A survey from Morning Consult found that only 48% of Democratic voters believe it “will make inflation better.” This means that the other 52% thought it wouldn’t make any difference, would make inflation worse, or had no opinion. 

Among all voters, only 24%—yes, less than a quarter—believe it will reduce inflation. 

Voters have good reason for this skepticism. Almost every nonpartisan analysis has found that the so-called “Inflation Reduction Act” does not reduce inflation. (It’s really a massive tax-and-spend climate and healthcare bill). 

For example, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the legislation would have a “negligible” impact on inflation in 2022 and in 2023 would either raise or reduce it by 0.1%. Similarly, the Wharton School of Business published an analysis finding that “the impact on inflation is statistically indistinguishable from zero.”

This validates voters’ belief that despite its aspirational name, the “Inflation Reduction Act” won’t reduce inflation. (However, it also suggests that those who believe the legislation will worsen inflation are also jumping the gun). 

The truth is that the Democrats wanted to pass a bunch of climate and healthcare spending—remnants of “Build Back Better”—and decided to exploit the fact that Americans are suffering from inflation and are desperate for relief. They thought they could slap a good name on the bill and use promises about reducing inflation to ram through their agenda. 

They certainly rammed it through. But the American people are seeing through this deception.   

WATCHBrad debates lib economist Noah Smith on Dems’ ‘inflation’ plan

YouTube player

Sign up for Our Email List

* indicates required
*By signing up for our email you consent to getting our emails directly in your inbox. These including our newsletter or other informational emails*

Our Latest Podcast

Related articles

Federal ‘anti-terrorism’ funds flowed to zoos, museums: watchdog report

The Department of Homeland Security spent $520 million over...

Kanye West and Candace Owens boast ‘White Lives Matter’ sweatshirts

Another day, another stupid controversy blowing up the internet....

Outrage mounts after more taxpayer dollars go to COVID scientist

You’re probably unfamiliar with the name Peter Daszak, but...

Oops: Biden’s student loan bailout still mostly helps high-earners, nonpartisan analysis confirms

Progressive proposals for total student debt “cancelation” (aka transfer...

‘Black’ activist Shaun King gets exposed as the grifter he always was

Within the black community, opinions on so-called "civil rights”...
Brad Polumbo
Brad Polumbo
Brad Polumbo is a libertarian-conservative journalist and co-founder of Based Politics. His work has been cited by top lawmakers such as Senator Rand Paul, Senator Ted Cruz, Senator Pat Toomey, Congresswoman Nancy Mace, Congressman Thomas Massie, and former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, as well as by prominent media personalities such as Jordan Peterson, Sean Hannity, Dave Rubin, Ben Shapiro, and Mark Levin. Brad has also testified before the US Senate, appeared on Fox News and Fox Business, and written for publications such as USA Today, National Review, Newsweek, and the Daily Beast. He hosts the Breaking Boundaries podcast and has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.

1 COMMENT

  1. All the article about this bill ignorthe increased corporate income taxes.These will definitly increase inflation ascorporations pason this new expense in the price oftheir goods or services.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here